- --Born July 2, 1939.
- --Married former Nancy Hayes in 1958.
- --Eight Children: Catherine, Elizabeth, Christina, John, Michael, James, Christopher, Peter
- --Member of the Roman Catholic Church.
- --B.S., Massachusetts Inst. of Technology, 1961 M.S., 1962, Ph.D.1966.
- --Founder and Chief Engineer of Astro Dynamics, 1960-65.
- --President, J.H.S. Engineering Co. and Thermal Research Inc., 1965-92
- --Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering, 1966-82.
- --Associate Dean of Engineering, Tufts University, 1968-73.
- --New Hampshire State Representative, 1973-74.
- --Governor of New Hampshire, 1983-88.
- --White House Chief of Staff, 1989-present.
*John Sununu has made a name for himself as the liaison between conservative groups and the more moderate President. Although some regard him as brash, Sununu has the ear of the President and is one of the few people who meets with the President several times a day. His input is essential to the President's decision-making process and he will certainly be involved with the day-to-day operations in a military situation. Publicly, John Sununu was nearly invisible during most of the Gulf Crisis. Many attribute this to reports of a recent flare-up inside the White House that was brought about as a result of Sununu and Office of Management and Budget Director Richard Darman's dismal attempts at arranging a 1990 budget summit. It has been reported that Sununu was "taken to the woodshed" by Bush and his ego was knocked down considerably. His performance in Desert Storm and his ability to be a team player during the crisis certainly won back some of the points he may have lost with President Bush.
Shop for other Gulf War Products
Other Gulf War Books and Videos
Aircraft Pins and Flight Jackets and other military supplies.
Search for Other Gulf War Items