Dear Margaret & Helen Leyden
My name is Bob Wynne and I am a nephew of Mary Ryan and Katherine Leyden. My mother Brigid was their sister. Aunty Kathy asked me to answer your letter of 10/28/87 in regards to the Leyden family. I am sorry I have taken so long to do this. I am enclosing a copy of the Leyden Research which I have received from the Clare Heritage Center located in Corofin, Co. Clare Ireland.
My grandfather Thomas Leyden (a brother of your father) was the oldest child born to Conor and Bridget Healey. According to the records at the Clare Heritage Center, Conor Leyden and Bridget Healey had nine (9) children. Below is a list of children and the information I have on them.
1) Thomas (my grandfather) married Mary O'Leary from Knockeven, Liscannor. They lived in Liscannor and had 6 children. Thomas died in 1948, and Mary died in 1956.
Thomas married Bridget Vaughan from Liscannor, Co. Clare. They lived in Liscannor and had 11 children. Thomas died in 1977.
Mary Ellen married James Ryan from Broadford, Co. Clare. They lived in the Bronx New York and had 3 children. James died in 1953.
Brigid married Robert Wynne from Inagh Co. Clare. They lived in the Bronx, New York and had three children. Brigid died in 1984.
Katherine never married.
Margaret married George Scales from Liscannor, Co. Clare. They live in London England and had 2 children.
Teresa married Timothy White from Liscanor, Co. Clare. They live in London, England and had 5 children.
2) Catherine, have no information on her.
3) Patrick was your father.
4) John married Mary Rilley from Ennistymon, Co. Clare. They lived in Ennistymon and had 4 children. John died in 1915 and Mary died in 1963.
Delia married John Sinon from Doonbeg, Co. Clare. They lived in Hartford, Ct. and had five children. John is dead.
Catherine died as a baby
Michael died as a young man
May married Michael Sinon from Doonbeg, Co. Clare. They lived in Hartford, Ct. and had 1 child. Michael is dead.
5) Michael have no information on him.
6) Mary (Donnelly) do you know her husband's name, where he was from and when they got married?
7) Margaret Leyden do you know her husband's name, where he was from and when they got married?
9. James stayed at home on the family farm in Ballyherragh. He married Bridget Devitt from Liscannor, and they had 17 children. They are both dead.
P.S. I think Mary Leyden Scopes of Elmire, Nora and Susan Leyden McMahon of Chicago were children of James and Bridget Leyden of Ballyherragh.